Thursday, September 12, 2013


 
I'm Charlotte from New Orleans, Louisiana.  I have been working at the ACJ Pakade Primary School for the past two weeks on the teaching programme and helping out with the sports programme. I have been working one to one with four grade 6 students, helping them with their mathematics.

On my first full day on project we tested the children with a grade 4 math exam paper, the results were surprisingly low considering the paper was aimed at children two years younger. Anyway, we spent two weeks working on various math problems and addressed the areas they struggled with in the test. The children were tested again at the end of the two weeks with the same paper and their results improved drastically. This was so gratifying and rewarding to know that I am impacting positively on their schooling. I look forward to watching each of them grow over the next three months and I hope to see more great results.
Charlotte Drennan, 22
8 weeks teaching 6 weeks sports

Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments: