Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My First Day at Kiddies Corner


My first day at Kiddies Corner was a day that I will never forget. A lot of preparation and anticipation had gone into the first full day at Kiddies Corner. What would the children be like? How would they act around me? And how would I act around them?

I definitely wasn’t sure what to expect. But my first few moments at Kiddies Corner showed me just how my time would be. The children were so happy to see us; they would run over and greet us with a hug with big smiles on their faces, they all seemed genuinely happy to see us, which is so comforting and nice to see. Although I have only been there for a few days, I already feel and can see that the children at Kiddies Corner will remain with me forever. I am starting to see individual personalities coming out, none of the children are the same, they are all amazing in their own way, and I can’t wait to get to know them all in my remaining time to come. I really look forward to seeing the children’s progress in their learning.

Teaching the children is such a warm and fulfilling feeling, just to know what level some children are at and being able to work with them on that is a pleasure to be involved with and I can’t wait to carry out this experience to continue on working with the kids.

Hoana Skipworth – Masiphumelele Volunteer



Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments: