Sunday, December 5, 2010

Special children with special personalities

My first week at Ikhayalethemba Villiage has been amazing . I have been working with the special needs children and it has been really rewarding to see the physical difference you make to Edward and Ruben through massage and therapy. I have also made a very good friend in Lea and have spent hours walking around and singing songs. She has really enjoyed it despite the fact that I am tone deaf! Lea often likes to imitate the careers and pretending to tell people off which she finds hilarious and you cannot help but laugh. She is such a happy girl with the most infectious smile and I feel very fortunate to have had the chance to work with her and all of the other wonderful children at the Villiage.

Catherine Lomax


Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I miss you so much, all the wonderful children, volunteers and GVI staff in SA:-)