Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Empowering the Community through Information

Where to start? In short, I have had the most amazing two weeks and have made some friends to last a lifetime.

Being a qualified nurse, I wanted to share my knowledge, skills, and experience with the people in Africa in order to give empowerment to the community. By providing the health workshops, the adults at the educare centres have been provided with information and knowledge in order to self care, and we have discussed topics that the staff has chosen. As a professional, it is extremely rewarding to see that a difference is being made, and that we are equipping the staff with information that gives them confidence.

From a personal point of view, I’m extremely lucky to be working with such fantastic people, not to mention the absolutely gorgeous children. The children are energetic and brighten everyday with their songs, laughing, and beautiful smiles.

I can honestly say Africa has captured my heart, and I will definitely return again!

Hannah Warner - Healthcare Volunteer




Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments: