Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Beyond My Expectations


My time here in Cape Town has indefinitely surpassed any other experience I have ever undergone. I can truly say that it embodies all the life, love and excitement I had hoped for.  GVI has allowed me to be a part of a world that I only dreamed of seeing one day and enabled me to see further than just the western world in which I live.

My initial reasoning behind why I decided to join the organization stemmed from my love for children, but now as I come to the end of my time here I have learned and gained so much more of an understanding about what it is these children really need.  They are so grateful for my presence and love they receive from the volunteers.

The children have immensely changed my life and without a doubt confirmed my desire to work with and console the ones that are most in need.  If it was not for GVI I would have never been able to meet, teach and care for beautiful children.  So, to them I am forever grateful!  I will never forget my GVI experience and hope to continue volunteering in the future.

Hanna D’Sanja – Masiphumelele Volunteer (Fish Hoek)

Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments: