Friday, May 6, 2011

Goodbye for now

Well here I am writing my last blog for GVI and to be honest I’m stuck as to what to say. Every leaver writes a little message for our wall and so I feel that should be my final farewell.


To everyone past, present and future,

To Give up your time and experience this will be the best thing you ever decided to do. I have spent 14 months in this beautiful place and words cannot describe what it has been like. The difference at every project site is incredible and whilst you may only see a small part of it know that your work does not just change lives for the present but also in years to come.

It is true that many come here to make a difference and the words ‘you are the difference’ have never been so true as they are now, but my experience here has changed me more than anyone will ever know. These children, you as volunteers and my GVI family have changed me into a better version of me that I cannot thank you enough for.

Every laugh, every smile, every memory, every tear and every challenge was worth it and I would do it all over again.

T.I.A. – This Is Africa – go with it, enjoy the ride and experience everything it has to offer.

All my love, Jenny


Jennifer Pickett, GVI Cape Town February 2010 – April 2011

Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments: