Monday, June 6, 2011

The Biggest Achievement of All

It’s the beginning of a new era at Ikhayalethemba, the beautiful teacher Jennie left us on Friday to spread her love, wisdom and laughter to more children in Fish Hoek, I know the Westlake and Masiphumelele communities will love and embrace her as much as Nomzamo have.

The inquisitive Athule asked me this morning where Teacher Jennie was, and I told her she went to Fish Hoek and she replied “is she helping the other babies?” It’s amazing just how bright these children are.

I look forward to seeing JT’s achievements blossom and I know there will be many! Jennie once told me she didn’t know what she had achieved here at Ikhayalethemba but I sit here each day not understanding how she couldn’t see it.  From the Fun Friday’s and baking days that the children impatiently wait for every week, to the imaginative role play room that she set up with the help of generous volunteer donations. I can see the children are in such a great place here and it is all to do with Jennie. The project partner relationship she has developed is invaluable to the growth of this project. I feel completely privileged be able to help carry on her work here. 

From the amazing children at Ikhayalethemba, thank you Teacher JT!

Beth Mabey – Ikhayalethemba Coordinator




Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments: