Sunday, October 30, 2011

Charity Challenge Team Member Profile – Nick Herrick

Hey. I’m Nick, I’m 24 and I’m from Cambridge, England.  I’ve been working for GVI for a bit over a year now. I first came out to Cape Town as a more proactive alternative to travelling and found the opportunity to make a genuine difference to people, and to help others do the same, too appealing to leave behind.

I spent exactly a year coordinating the Sports and Surfing projects in Gordon’s Bay before moving to Fish Hoek to take over the Healthcare Workshops program. I have no intention of letting up any time soon and I thought that this challenge would be a great way of helping the projects that have become so close to my heart. I hope to be able to raise a bit of money along the way but for me this is also a chance to give my volunteers another way of helping out their projects and also to get out into the beautiful South African countryside and test their bodies and willpower.

I think that we are going to have an amazing 5 days and the knowledge that we are doing something that could have such a lasting impact will really spur us all on to make it to the top of Table Mountain on Wednesday 16th!

http://www.justgiving.com/teams/gvi-ct-challenge

Nick Herrick – Medical Coordinator




Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments: