Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Charity Challenge Team Member Profile – Beth Mabey


My name is Beth. I’m 24 years old and from Sydney, Australia. I have been living in South Africa for 10 months now. 3 of which I spent as a volunteer in Fish Hoek, during this time I was lucky enough to be involved with the opening of a very special project, The Hope Centre. Throughout the set up stage I became very close to the children and the community around. It was an amazing experience, one I will remember forever.  Since leaving Fish Hoek to become the Coordinator of Ikhayalethemba, I have had the most remarkable experiences you could ever imagine. From seeing children walk and talk for the first time, to seeing an Autistic boy use flashcards to help communicate.  I’ve seen the project grow and develop in leaps and bounds towards the ultimate sustainability goal.

When I found out the causes that the Charity Challenge were raising funds for both the Hope Centre and Ikhayalethemba I knew I had to be involved. I’m no fitness guru, so it will be a challenge but I know the test will be well worth it for the projects.

I’m very excited to be a part of the Charity Challenge team, together we will test ourselves to the absolute limit to achieve something really amazing. I’m looking forward to the celebration at the top of Table Mountain.


Beth Mabey – Ikhayalethemba Coordinator



Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments: