Friday, November 4, 2011

Charity Challenge Team Member Profile – Lucy Knight

Hello, I’m Lucy. I’m 22 years old and I come from the South West of England. I am volunteering at GVI for 6 weeks. I graduated from University College Falmouth a year ago with a degree in Graphic Design. After a year of work placements I felt like I needed a break and wanted to do something worthwhile. I’ve always loved children so this project was perfect!

When I heard about the Charity Challenge I immediately wanted to take part as I had been teaching at Grade R School from day one. I’ve got to work closely with these children, so I know first-hand how hard they work, how much they appreciate their education and how much they love to learn. I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t nervous, but I’m also extremely excited, to challenge myself and to be raising money for such a wonderful cause. I’m proud to be raising money for something that will outlive my stay in beautiful South Africa.


Lucy Knight – Nceduluntu Volunteer




Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments: