Friday, November 11, 2011

Charity Challenge Team Member Profile – Hazel Thompson

Hi! I’m Hazel, I’m 26 and from Surrey, England.

I’m volunteering in Cape Town for 10 weeks, at the Ikhayalethemba Village orphanage, and Nceduluntu Educare Centre. I am a qualified physiotherapist, and having worked for five years, I felt I wanted to take on a new challenge whilst doing something worthwhile.

When I heard about the charity challenge, I jumped at the chance to take part. I have always wanted to do something and it will be amazing to be able to contribute towards raising money which will go directly into the projects that I am working on. I am thoroughly enjoying my time and the children are incredible. The money we raise will make such a difference to them. The challenge is going to be very tough, but totally worth it, to raise the money for such a worthwhile cause. In the four weeks that I have been here, I can already see how much difference this fundraiser will make to the children’s future. I am looking forward to celebrating at the finish line, on top of Table Mountain, after a painstaking five days.

A big thank you to everyone who has sponsored me and for all your support!

http://www.justgiving.com/teams/gvi-ct-challenge

Hazel Thompson – Ikhayalethemba & Nceduluntu Volunteer


Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments: