Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Inspiring a Future Teacher


I spent two weeks at Nceduluntu nursery and loved every crazy, chaotic and wonderful second of it. The kids had me laughing every single day and I did my very best to always keep them smiling.

We introduced a new curriculum into the lessons and painted the class rooms – which were particularly special to do, as we feel we have left a little part of us at the nursery. My absolute highlights of working at Nceduluntu included seeing some of the usually distracted children enjoy learning maths and showing some amazing progress. Knowing you’ve helped one of the children learn a new number or letter is very rewarding. I loved working one-on-one with the children and getting to know each of their lovely little personalities individually.

Being here and working with GVI and these fantastic children has made me want to get in to teaching as no matter how challenging or tiring it has been, seeing those smiles and their brilliant progress was completely worth it.

Kate Heslop – Nceduluntu Volunteer


Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments: