Thursday, May 17, 2012

Bucket loads of energy needed!



I have just finished my first week teaching sports at ACJ and originally I thought that the toughest part would be getting the students motivated to participate. However, a running theme with all the year groups is the excitement and willingness to have their once a week sports lesson, this makes our job a lot easier as we teach about five classes of fifty students each day!

This week, we decided to split groups into two and complete soccer and basketball drills. Adding a competitive edge by having a shooter and defender really gets the groups going and it is so nice to see them dancing, chanting and cheering to encourage team work as well ball, footwork and hand-eye co-ordination skills.

It is now the end of the week, I am shattered, but the children have been working all week too and they still have so much energy which will keep me going until the end of the day. I am looking forward to a good rest over the weekend I will need my energy for next week’s classes for sure!

Rebecca Bennett- Sports and surfing volunteer



Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments: